Bridal fairs are a great way to meet vendors in your area and to pick up great advice and ideas for your wedding day in one convenient location. Here are some tips to make your experience more enjoyable while finding the products and services you need.
- To ensure you don’t miss out on your top priorities, experts suggest making a list of the specific services or products you are shopping for and visit those booths first.
- Have a list of questions ready for the vendors you are interested in.
What to Bring
- A bag on wheels! You will likely be picking up brochures, magazines, business cards, etc. so make sure you will be comfortable toting them around for a few hours.
- Address labels. These are handy when registering for prize drawings that a lot of vendors offer at bridal fairs. You may also use them to request more information from specific vendors you are interested in.
- Pen and paper. Jot down helpful advice, notes, questions you hear as you visit each booth. A pen is also helpful for making notes on business cards or identifying vendors you particularly like for later reference.
- An appointment book(or app) for scheduling appointments to meet with vendors later.
More Insider Tips
- Jolene Rae Harrington of Here Comes the Guide Magazine recommends arriving at the fair around the time the first fashion show begins. That way the booths will be less crowded. There will likely be another fashion show scheduled to begin when you’re ready to take a break.1
- Both sources recommend bringing someone with you and to take breaks while you’re there.
- Don’t be shy with the free samples but don’t be overzealous with handing out your information either. Take informational materials from vendors that interest you (and their competitors too!) so you can look through them more closely at home. Remember, if you give out your information be prepared to receive emails and such from mailing lists.
- Register or buy tickets early as discounts are usually offered at this time.
VW wishes you and your guest a wonderfully informative, energizing and enchanting bridal fair experience!
Sources used to write this article:
1Harrington, Jolene Rae. “A Walk Down the Aisles: Getting the Most Out of a Bridal Fair.” Here Comes the Guide. Summer 2005: 28-33. Print.
James, Larry. “How to Get the Most From a Bridal Show.” WedAlert. Larry James and WedAlert, Corp. 2014. Web. 14 Sept 2014. http://www.wedalert.com/GetMostFrom_BridalShow